Ankylosing spondylitis-a chronic disease of the spine and joints leading to fusion of the intervertebral spaces causing the spine loses mobility in all directions, becoming similar to the "bamboo escape”. More often this disease affects men, ankylosing spondylitis in women occurs less frequently in approximately 15% of cases (data about the ratio of 9:1 are obsolete). The reason for this situation is the disease in women occurs not typical and is diagnosed later.
What is ankylosing spondylitis?
This disease of the spine, joints and some internal organs, which develops slowly, gradually. It almost always (but not 100% of cases) occurs in people who have only one altered antigen to the immune system – HLA B27. The presence of this antigen leads to the fact that:
- the tissue becomes more susceptible to infection;
- some microbes reacts with HLA-B27 start of the so-called an autoimmune reaction when the body recognizes the tissue of your own joints as foreign protein and begins to attack.
As a result, In the joints it causes inflammation with destruction of the articular cartilage. The first to suffer the connection of the sacrum with the pelvis, then collapse the shock-absorbing layer between the vertebrae.
The Body tries to compensate for the deformation of the articular surfaces, but, unfortunately, articular cartilage and intervertebral discs do not regenerate. The result of the growing bone and in the spine ossify and even ligaments.
Therapeutic massage is a very effective technique under a wide range of injuries and diseases. Massage may be General or local, depending on the nature of the disease, and each species has its own technique, indications and contraindications. Seinema...
The Effectiveness of homeopathic remedies causing a huge number of different disputes. But, despite the differences of doctors and patients, such drugs are very popular in our country and produced in large volumes.One of the frequently purchased home...
Almost every housewife knows firsthand how necessary the baking soda in the kitchen. However, few of them realize that it can come in handy in the bathroom. Because this unique product can be used not only in cooking. Baths with baking soda will have...
In addition to the joints of the affected eye (inflammation), kidney, lungs and large vessels.
The behavior of women
1. Ankylosing spondylitis in women occurs in so-called rhizobiaceae. This means that affects the spine and joints such as shoulder and hip.
2. Ankylosing spondylitis in women develops more long-term, with periods of exacerbations and remissions. Characteristic signs on x-ray can be found only after 10-15 years from the onset of the disease.
3. Another feature is that women have not ossified the whole spine, but mostly just his lumbosacral. Ankylosing spondylitis women not roots, causing them even in the last stages of the disease maintain minimum mobility. In addition, their spine (in contrast to the male) is deformed to a lesser extent.
4. In the process almost never involves internal organs.
Ankylosing spondylitis in women with the onset of pain in various joints that are not severe and do not limit mobility. You can then mention the back pain that occurs closer to the morning, sometimes she wakes up a woman. The pain goes away during the day. When palpation of the spine revealed only slight tenderness in the region of the sacrum.
In some cases, the first to suffer maybe one or both of the hip joint in which the pain also appears in the early morning hours and radiates to the groin and the knee (rarely comes to the heel). In the morning it is difficult to straighten the leg (foot) in these joints, but during the day the symptoms disappear. Similar symptoms can occur in the shoulder joints, but they are slightly expressed, quickly (within hours), and disappear after drinking a pill of Panadol, can disappear by themselves for a while, and then reappear with the same intensity.
Treatment of ankylosing spondylitis
“Female” treatment does not differ from standard therapy. The only difficulty in a correct diagnosis.
1) anti-Inflammatory drugs "Olfen”, “Friend”.
2) In rare cases needed intra-articular administration of hormones (drugs "Kenalog”, “Diprospan”) to relieve inflammation.
3) the Drug "Sulfasalazine".
4) Immunosuppressants (medicines ‘Leukeran”, “Imuran") may apply, if the disease is not amenable to standard therapy.
It is Important to know that if ankylosing spondylitis it is important to maintain physical activity, that it is less progressed.
the Child with good health and a well-developed intellect – the main dream of every couple. But in order to came to light this baby, you must match many conditions. One of the most important factors is the hormonal balance. ...
Long well-groomed hair give their owner incredible femininity and romanticism. In the eyes of many men exactly luxurious hair is considered one of the most important characteristics of female attractiveness and allure. If y...
Means "Combilipen" (injections), the price of which is within two hundred rubles is a multivitamin complex. The medicine normalizes metabolism, stabilizes the conduction of nerve-impulse transmission. In the product contains vitam...