Bogorodskaya grass, a small medicinal plant used in herbal medicine since ancient times. It has a purifying, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, cures diseases of the skin and strengthens the body.
Bogorodskaya grass, wild thyme, creeping thyme — they are all names for the same plants. It belongs to the family Lamiaceae (lat. Lamiáceae). Currently growing in Europe, North Africa, and Central and Northern Asia and in North America. The grass is found in dry, sandy, well-lit by the sun. Often covers large surfaces.
Bogorodskaya grass reaches a height of from 3 to 30 cm, has thin creeping stems. The leaves have small, obovate or lanceolate with smooth edges. The stems at the ends of the cover of pinkish-purple flowers. During flowering, the grass secretes a characteristic aroma. Thyme blooms from June to September (even before October). This is a honey plant, very fond of his bees.
Bogorodskaya herb contains substances that are useful in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and perfumery. It is primarily essential oil, whose main components are the phenols, thymol, carvacrol, terpenes, terpineol and citral. Thyme also contains significant amounts of flavonoids and tannins, it has organic acids, saponins and mineral salts with a high content of lithium and aluminum. For medicinal and cosmetic purposes is most commonly used extract and essential oil from the plant, less pollen, and for use at home suitable the infusion of this herb.
How relevant today, drugs against worms in humans? What kind of creatures these worms, what are modern methods of treatment? We will try to answer these questions, since ignorance in this area is undesirable. Imagine a mummy, which is misleading in k...
Each of us at least once in a lifetime encounter with a small, but very, when the crack the skin on the hands. At this time there are wounds of different sizes, which hurt and cause inconvenience, especially when in contact with water or detergents. ...
Male impotence is a pathological condition associated with abnormal physiological capacity of the penis to reginout and bring sexual partner pleasure in bed.sex impotenceimpotence may not men to pass unnoticed – it usually spoils his nervous sy...
Medicinal raw materials are dried flowering shoots of grass. They should be collected at the beginning of flowering, in dry weather, after drying of dew. Flowering shoots should be cut at such a height that the raw material does not hit the lower woody and devoid of leaves part. Cut shoots dried in a thin layer in a shaded and ventilated area. The finished material is stored in an airtight jar.
The Therapeutic properties of Bogorodskaya grass readily used in various diseases.
1. Damage and inflammation of the skin. Strong bactericidal, astringent and anti-inflammatory effect of infusion of the plant make it very effective in cuts, ulcers and skin burns. It helps to get rid of acne, relieves itching after insect bites. A decoction is used as a conditioner after washing your hair – treats seborrhea and ringworm of the scalp.
2. Rheumatism. the anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties of flavonoids and essential oils contained in the herb, improves the condition for rheumatic pains, neuralgia and bruises. To alleviate such ailments, should I do hot wraps decoction to the affected area.
3. Diseases of the bronchi. Extract of thyme is a good expectorant medicine – stimulates the production of mucus and the movement of the cilia of the epithelium of the respiratory tract, therefore, helps with dry, tight cough. The herb is particularly effective for smokers and patients with chronic inflammation of the bronchi, facilitating airway clearance. With this purpose, it is recommended the use of infusion from this plant and inhaled from it.
4. Painful menstruation. Bogorodskaya herb has strong antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory effect. Therefore, when painful menstruation is good to drink tea with thyme, which has a relaxing effect on the body. It is also useful for headaches and even migraines.
5. The weakening of the body. Baths with infusion of thyme is recommended for persons weakened by disease, with psychological and physiological fatigue. The infusion strengthens the nervous system, stimulates the heart.
6. Inflammation of the mucous membranes. Disinfectant, bactericidal and astringent action makes the herb an effective means for rinsing the mouth and throat an infection.
The Infusion of thyme is well suited also for irrigation intimate areas in case of itching and discharge.
7. Flatulence and dyspepsia. Herbal tea from a plant cures stomach ache, gastritis, bloating. Due to the high content of essential oil and tannins thyme stimulates the secretion of digestive juices, has a beneficial effect on the liver. Grass prevents a too rapid multiplication of bacteria and the excessive fermentation processes in the gastrointestinal tract, has carminative action.
Useful properties Bogorodskaya grass are endless. In folk medicine, is prepared from the plant medicinal decoctions, infusions, and baths.
Recipes from thyme used in herbal medicine, a variety.
One tablespoon of the dried herb thyme, pour a glass of boiling water and leave to infuse under the lid for 15 minutes. Strain and drink three times a day before meals as an expectorant or after a meal for best digestion.
200 g dry herb thyme pour 3-4 liters of boiling water and leave to stand for 20 minutes to infuse. Strain and add to bath water, trying to keep her temperature eventually exceeded +38 °C. Immerse yourself in a bath for 10-15 minutes – it strengthens the body, relieves neuralgic and rheumatic pains, relieves acne.
Need to mix 4 tablespoons of Bogorodskaya grass and 4 tablespoons of psyllium. Put the herbal mixture in a pot, pour 6 cups of red wine, bring to a boil over low heat. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, drain. Add the cinnamon stick, vanilla pod, 4 tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar, a liter of honey. Heated over a fire for about 10 minutes, pour into bottles. The drug should be drunk for colds several times a day 2-3 tablespoons, better diluting with warm water.
Concentrated infusion for external use
You Need 2.5 tablespoons of dry herbs thyme pour a half cups of hot water. Heat to heat to boiling. Remove from heat and infuse 15 minutes, drain. The infusion of Bogorodskaya herbs and medicinal compresses it using a mouthwash and wound healing on the skin.
If you like the thyme-scented grass can be used to flavor dishes. Stands alone to collect the plant, dry it, and then use all year round for meat, fish and vegetables, salads and sauces.
Bogorodskaya grass should not be used:
People suffering from atherosclerosis, before the use of drugs and thyme should consult with your doctor....
Article in other languages:
Alin Trodden - author of the article, editor
"Hi, I'm Alin Trodden. I write texts, read books, and look for impressions. And I'm not bad at telling you about it. I am always happy to participate in interesting projects."
the Doctor in our time is one of the most important and honorable professions. This professional respect, trust him, thank him.the doctor of clinical laboratory diagnostics can take a person who has higher education in the field o...
Undoubtedly, the 21st century will go down in our history as one of the most important for medical science. For today, we have received a variety of vaccines for previously incurable and dangerous diseases. But, unfortunately, bef...
Produced several variants of the drug “Ketorol”: in ampoules – a substance for injective administration, the aluminum tubes-an ointment for local application, blister – tablets for oral administration. The ...
If your child has a cough, do not expect that he, a few days pass by yourself. The sooner treatment is started the better. The key to quick recovery – treatment only in accordance with the recommendations of a pediatrician. ...
the vast majority of cases, the syndrome manifests itself in men over 45 years old who abuse alcohol. Syndrome Mallory-Weiss begins with a sudden increase in pressure in the upper part of the gastrointestinal tract. Vomiting often...
endometrial Hyperplasia – is the abnormal growth of the inner (mucous) sheath of the uterus, when it becomes much thicker than normal. In General, the concept "hyperplasia" means an increase in the number of cells ...